Punta Gorda Isles Neighborhood Marine Watch
A Different Kind of Volunteer Group
The Punta Gorda Isles Neighborhood Marine Watch program is up and running with 60 volunteer residents participating in on-the-water/land surveillance patrols.
- Patrols are for a minimum of 2 hours, each month.
- Patrol times will mostly be night patrol and/or early morning.
- Upon approval of your application, each NMW volunteer member will be given an ID card and a map that identifies adjacent streets to each canal and a copy of the NMW Program On-the-water Conduct and Procedures”.
- Each boat on patrol will be provided signage that identifies it as a “Neighborhood Marine Watch Patrol” boat.
- In most cases each member will be on patrol only once a month.
- Marine Watch volunteers will use their own boats for these patrols.
- Assigned patrol areas will coincide with the location of each member’s home dock.
If you are interested in volunteering your time and boat for a couple hours each month to this worthwhile program, contact Bill Guenther - Neighborhood Marine Watch program coordinator, cell phone 941-661-9702 or email email@example.com
VOLUNTEERING MAKES YOU FEEL GOOD!
PGI NEIGHBORHOOD MARINE WATCH
THE ONLY ALL-VOLUNTEER SURVEILLANCE GROUP OF ITS KIND IN SOUTHWEST FLORIDA